Terms & Conditions
Your agreement with Latin Dance Australia (LDA)
This agreement is between LDA and anyone who subscribes, buys, enrols or attends any of LDA’s services
By subscribing, buying, enrolling or attending any of LDA’s services you agree with the terms and conditions below.
Keep up to date with all things LDA
The most up to date information regarding classes, timetable, locations, prices, etc will be displayed on our website: www.latindance.com.au In case of discrepancy of information published on the website and any other materials or provided over the phone, the information displayed on the website will prevail.
Numbers are restricted, and classes are filled on a first come first served basis.
7 Day Free Trial
Must be claimed on the website. Valid for new clients only.
We reserve the right to add, change or remove classes and instructors on our timetables without notice. The most up-to-date timetable will be available at our website
In attending our classes, we trust that you are in good health condition and that you know of no medical or other reason why you cannot or should not engage on active or passive exercise. Our staff and contractors are not medically trained or qualified to assess if you are in good physical condition and can exercise without risking your health, safety or comfort. If you have any doubts, we strongly urge you to seek expert advice before starting classes with us.
Waiver: You understand there are specific risks of physical or property damages, losses, or injury that may result from your participation with LDA classes, and you voluntarily assume the risks associated with such participation.
Allowing us to use your image
We sometimes film and/or photograph classes, rehearsals, parties and other activities at our studios or in other locations. It is possible that you will appear in these materials. By accepting this agreement, you allow us the unrestricted right and permission to use your image in printed or digital promotional materials including, but not limited to: websites, social media, flyers, banners and videos.
- All services provided by LDA must be paid in advance. Any outstanding amounts in your account must be paid before you can attend classes or any of our services with LDA, which include but are not limited to: studio hire, group classes, private classes, bootcamps, workshops, performance courses and extra-rehearsals.
- If you have attended any of our classes, events, workshops etc, your credit card/bank account may be charged automatically. We have the right to charge your credit card at regular intervals until full payment is received. Any declined payments may incur additional fees through Ezidebit.
- If you are on a monthly payment contract, your membership fee will be charged in advance each month.
- We will debit your membership fee from your nominated account or credit card on the same day every month.
- If you prefer to pay your membership fee in advance, you can make a full upfront payment at a discounted rate.
- Your debits will appear as “Ezidebit Healthfit MB” on your credit card or bank statements.
- If debit dates fall on a public holiday, we will debit your nominated account or credit card on the next business day. Debits might take up to 5 days to come out of your account.
- It is your responsibility to make sure your account has enough funds for us to charge your membership fees on a monthly basis.
- It is your responsibility to tell us if you are transferring or closing your account, at least 48 hours before your next direct debit.
- It is your responsibility to tell us about any changes to your credit card details, at least 48 hours before your next direct debit.
- Rewards points will no longer be valid from March 2020
What happens if your direct debit fails?
If you do not have sufficient funds to fully pay your fees on the due date, we will suspend your access to classes until your payments are up to date. We will continue to debit your nominated account without notice, until we have received the total amount you owe us. Should we continue to be unable to collect payment from your nominated bank account or credit card, we will contact you and ask you to nominate an alternative bank account or credit card for direct debit. Please note Ezidebit charges an administration fee for unsuccessful payments.
Can we increase your fees?
Our fees are displayed on the website and at reception. In case of discrepancy of fees displayed on the website and reception, the fees advertised on the website must be considered the correct ones.
We reserve the right to increase our fees at any time without notice. We will make a reasonable effort to inform you and all students of any increase of fees in advance via email. If we don’t hear from you, we will consider that you have agreed with the new fees.
Memberships: any fee increase will only affect you after the expiry date of your membership or if you sign-up for a new contract.
How our weekly prices are calculated
Our weekly prices are displayed on the website and at reception. Advertised weekly prices are calculated by dividing the upfront amount by the number of weeks covered by each membership or trial.
E.g.1 Gold Membership valid for 12 month: $1840 paid upfront. 12 Months = 365 days/7 = 52 weeks. $1840/52 weeks = $35 per week
E.g.2 First Timers 2 Month Trial valid for 2 months: $260 paid upfront. 2 Months = 60 days/7 = 8.6 weeks. $260/8.6 weeks = $30 per week
How do auto renewals work?
If you are on a monthly paid membership, we will automatically renew your membership on a month by month basis when it comes to an end. If you do not wish to auto-renew your membership, please let us know at least 7 days before your contract expires. You can terminate your contract at any time with 30 days written notice. If you cancel your auto-renewal membership and return to LDA in the future, you would need to sign up for a new contract. If you’d like to change/upgrade your membership, you will need to sign up for a new membership contract. All communication regarding auto-renewal must be done via email.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
Can I cancel my membership or 2-month first timers trial?
You have 24 hours from the date/time you make your first payment towards a 8-class pass , membership or 2-month first timers trial to cancel it. A cancellation fee of $35 will be charged to you.
After the 24 hours we do not issue credit or refunds and the remainder of your membership is fully payable. If you wish to cancel prior to the end of your membership term or trial, any amounts owed on your account must be paid prior to cancellation. Cancellation requests requiring a payment can only be finalized once payment is received.
Drop-in classes can not be refunded.
You can cancel your 8-class pass, membership or 2-month first timers trial before its expiry date only in the case you are sick or incapacitated. You must provide a certificate from a qualified medical practitioner stating that you cannot exercise for the rest of your term. In these cases you will not be charged a cancellation fee and you will be entitled to receive a 50% refund.
- If you paid upfront, we will refund 50% of the remaining term of the service your bought.
- If you pay on a monthly basis, you will be required to pay 50% of the remaining term of your membership.
- If you have completed the full term of your first membership and you are on a month by month auto-renewal basis, the cancellation of your membership will be effective 30 days from the day of your last auto-renewal payment.
- Once your membership, trial, drop-in or class pass activation date has been set, the date cannot be changed.
Refunds and credits can only be done for the person who made the purchase. We do not refund or credit a person of a different name or account.
All communication regarding cancellations must be done via email.
We do not accept refund requests respective to services purchased more than 3 months prior.
Once your membership has been cancelled, it can not be reinstated. You must purchase a new membership at your own cost.
Can I transfer my membership?
Memberships cannot be transferred.
Can LDA cancel my membership?
We reserve the right to cancel your membership should your direct debit payments continue to bounce and no alternative method of payment is provided in a timely manner or may you refuse to abide by administrative requirements. In the event that you had your membership cancelled by LDA and you may wish to use any of LDA’s services, classes or memberships in the future, you will be requested to pay any outstanding debt from previous services. LDA may refuse direct debit payment options and request upfront payment.
Bootcamps and Workshops
We do not offer refunds for pre-paid bootcamps and workshops.
LDA at the time of COVID-19
LDA at the time of COVID-19
In an attempt to keep our students , instructors and other staff members safe, LDA postponed regular classes from the 16th of March 2020 until further notice.
As a replacement for regular classes, LDA will be offering online classes from the 23rd of March 2020 until regular classes can be reinstated.
All LDA members and 2-month trial holders will be entitled to have their membership term extended by 1 week upon request. The 1 week extension is to cover for the time LDA was unable to offer any classes (16 to 22 March 2020).
From the 23rd of March, when online classes become available, LDA will keep providing our customers the services contracted (dance classes) with the changes advised by the Federal Government in order to keep our community safe (moving from studio classes to online classes). These are urgent measures that have become necessary to minimise the spread of COVID-19 while still offering our services in the best way possible. LDA looks forward reinstating regular classes as soon as possible.
Memberships Duration and Online Classes Only
We have launched a new pass called Online Classes Only, which can be paid weekly ($45) or monthly ($120) and can be cancelled anytime. When you subscribe to the Online Classes Only pass, you agree that LDA will charge you weekly or monthly on you nominated credit card or bank account, until we receive a writen request to stop your pass.
The Online Classes Only pass was created to make classes available to students based anywhere in Australia and overseas. Students based out of Sydney have the choice to buy any of our memberships (including cheaper options with long-term commitment), however, it’s important to note that LDA cannot guarantee the continuity of online classes after regular classes go back to normal.
Memberships become active on the day of purchase, when you can start enjoying online classes. When regular classes are back to normal, you’ll be able to enjoy regular classes during the remaining duration of your membership.
Cancellations and Refunds
We do not offer a refund or credit unless you fall into one of the circumstance described in the standard Terms & Conditions above.
The Online Classes Only pass can’t be paused or extended regardless of public holidays, illness, injury or any circumstances surrounding the covid19 situation, and cannot be refunded or exchanged.
The standard suspension times apply as described in the Terms & Conditions below.
Thank you for your understanding
We appreciate your patience and undertanding during this difficult time.
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS & ANNUAL BREAKS
Cancellation of classes
LDA reserves the right to cancel classes due to unforeseen circumstances, on public holidays, over the period of large industry events and 2 weeks over the end of the year break. We will make a reasonable effort to inform cancellation of classes in advance via our social media channels, notice boards, at reception and during classes. There will be no discounts or refunds offered for classes cancelled.
End of the year break
We run a Summer Programme with a special schedule of classes during the 2-week end of the year break. All students are welcome to join on the usual basis of their memberships. If you are on a 2-Month First Timer Trial or Bronze Membership, we can extend the duration of it by 2 weeks to cover the closure period upon request.
Can you put your membership on hold?
- 2-Month First Timers Trial: no suspension time
- 3-Month Bronze Membership: 1 month
- 6-Month Fitness or Silver Memberships: 1 to 2 months
- 12-Month Gold Membership: 1 to 3 months
- Members on auto-renewal: 1 month every 6 months. If you need to suspend more than 1 month every 6 months you will need to sign up for a new contract before requesting the hold.
The 8 class pass is valid for 2 months. After the expiry date of your pass, any remaining classes will be no longer valid.
Please note we can only put your membership on hold for a full month period (30 day increments), we cannot suspend your membership for 1 week, 2 weeks or so. Once your suspension time has been processed, it can not be cancelled, unless you agree to pay the whole term of the suspension period requested.
If you wish to attend classes during your suspension time, you can do so by paying for a drop-in or for a Freedom week as advertised on our website.
Before putting your membership on hold, you must make sure you don’t owe us any fees.
You must request your membership to be put on hold at least 3 working days in advance.
We cannot backdate any time freeze requests.
All communication regarding suspension time must be done via email.
PRIVATE CLASSES & PRO-AMS
- Prices are inclusive of GST and studio hire at LDA premises
- Prices are for 1 instructor. For 2 instructors, pls apply an extra 75%
- Private classes must be paid when booked. Bookings can only be confirmed upon full payment.
- Private classes are non-refundable but can be credited and used towards other LDA services
- Private classes packages are valid for 1 year from the date of purchase and can not be extended
- Single private classes are valid for 3 months from the date of purchase and can not be extended
- All packages and group privates must be paid upfront and in a single transaction
- Cancellations with over 24hs notice: class can be re-scheduled at no cost
- Cancellations with less than 24hs notice or no show are not re-schedulable and not refundable
LDA PERFORMANCE COURSES
TERMS & CONDITIONS
This agreement is between LDA and the students enrolled to any of LDA’s performance courses.
By signing-up to a Performance Course you agree with the terms and conditions below.
Prices and Payment
- Advertised prices include GST
- LDA offers special discounts for members, early bird bookings and multiple choreos. Each season of performance courses will have its dates, prices and discounts advertised on LDA’s website.
- Students are not allowed to “try” choreos. Full payment must be done before the start of the performance course.
- Discounts for members apply when membership is active, payments are up to date and expiry date is after 50% of the duration of the choreography course.
- Early bird discounts are available for full payment done by the advertised date.
- Late bookings will incur a $20 fee per choreo.
- You must pay the full amount of the course in order to secure your spot.
- A $20 fee is payable for any extra training session required. Payment must be done at reception prior to attending your extra training session. Failing to pay your extra training session prior to attending your extra training session will incur an extra $10 admin fee. The total of $30 will be charged from your credit card on file with us
- Choreography course fees are non-refundable as LDA commits resources based on number of students taking part on our courses.
- If LDA cancels the choreography you have booked for, and you do not wish to transfer your booking to another choreography, a full refund will be provided.
- Once your booking is confirmed, you are committed to pay the full fee for all the courses you have booked in, in full.
- If you are injured or ill and you have to withdrawal from the choreography, we will discount a $40 administration fee plus the proportional amount to cover the classes to date will keep the remaining as a credit in your account with us. Requests cannot be backdated. The credit can be used towards most LDA services or products. Note: a medical certificate must be provided.
Attendance and Readiness
- You must attend at least 70% of the course or you may be restricted from performing due to lack of readiness.
- When you miss training sessions, or if you don’t feel ready, you can book choreo catch-up private classes, which will bring you up to speed with the group.
- Should the duration of the choreography course exceed the initial scheduled hours to master, a fee of $20 per hour will apply for subsequent classes. We encourage instructors to limit extra sessions to a maximum of 3 hours per choreography.
- The cost of the choreography course does not include costumes and shoes.
- Some events require the performers to pay a full pass.
- LDA Ball and Inner West Fiesta: choreography fee includes event ticket (seats may or may not be available on the day).
- Sydney Latin Festival and Sydney International Bachata Festival: choreography fee does not include event ticket.
Copyright and Use of image
- All choreographies taught by any of LDA instructors are property of LDA and are not to be used for any other unauthorized purpose than at LDA authorised events.
- By signing up for any of LDA’s choreographies, you are authorizing the use of your image, captured in photos and/or videos during the performance or rehearsals, by LDA for any type of promotional purposes.
- By signing-up to a Pro-Am Choreography you acknowledge and agree that classes may be physically strenuous and that you voluntarily participate. You also acknowledge and agree that there is risk of personal injury, property loss or death. You agree that neither you nor your heirs, assigns or legal representatives will sue or make any other claims of any kind whatsoever against LDA, your instructor, or its members for any personal injury, property damage/loss, or wrongful death, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
- All LDA services, including but not limited to classes, bootcamps, performance courses, etc are designed for adults over the age of 18.
- By attending any of our classes, you agree that you are over the age of 18.
- Anyone under the age of 18 wanting to attend classes or any of our services, must be accompanied by a parent or supervising adult.
- If you appear to be under the age of 18, you may be asked to provide ID to prove your age. LDA has the right to refuse entry to anyone under the age of 18 not accompanied by an adult or anyone who fails to present a valid ID.
- Bookings are confirmed upon payment.
- When booking over the phone or email you give LDA permission to debit from your account with us.
- Advertised prices are per hour and inclusive of GST.
- Bookings must be of a minimum of 1 hour. We do not accept bookings with fractions of an hour. E.g. 1.5hr
- Any use of the studio after 15 minutes over agreed booking time will be charged at an additional hour at full rate.
- We offer a 10% discount for bookings of 10 hours or more when the total fee is paid upfront.
- Please note that we do not issue refunds unless we cancel the booking.
- For cancellations requested with more than 24 hrs notice, we will credit the total amount of your booking to your account with us.
- For cancellations requested with less than 24 hrs notice, the booking will be lost, and no credit issued.
- Bookings made at discounted rates are not refundable.
- Reschedule requests must be done with no less than 24 hrs notice.
- Capacity is calculated based on a dance class environment, estimated at approx. 3sqm per person.
- Area and dimensions are approximate.
- Public liability insurance available for ongoing bookings under contract.
- Advertised prices are for dancing and fitness related classes, please contact us for functions and other activities.
- We agree that we are hiring the studio whilst keeping aligned with current NSW COVID19 regulations
WEDDING DANCE LESSONS
The below terms and conditions apply to wedding dance lessons booked under Latin Dance Australia and Dream Wedding Dance.
- If you’re late for your lesson, the instructor won’t be able to add time to that lesson or another lesson to make-up for it.
- You can reschedule a lesson if you give us a minimum of 24 hours’ notice. Less than 24 hours’ notice will incur in cancellation of the lesson with no rescheduling or refund.
- If you change your mind and decide to cancel your lessons, we will issue a refund of 50% of the amount paid towards the lessons being cancelled.
- If we cancel a lesson, you can choose between receiving a full refund or rescheduling that specific lesson.
Respecting our facilities
You are responsible for using our facilities with care. Note that you will be responsible for any damage that you or your guests cause through a wilful act or negligence. Please also supervise children closely.
Keeping your belongings safe
Please keep your belongings safe and do not bring valuables into the studio. Unfortunately, thefts do happen. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage to your belongings while you are at the studio. We give lost property to charity each month.
We are not liable for any loss or damage to your vehicle or its contents even if you are parked within the studio’s car park, the building premises or nearby areas. Please don’t park in our neighbours’ car spaces as this may incur in a fine issued to us and we will charge you for it.
What happens if you break the studio code?
We can refuse entry to anyone, if you act unreasonably or break the studio code. We may also warn you that you risk having your membership cancelled. If you continue to behave in the same way, we may refuse your attendance immediately. We can refuse your attendance without warning if you behave in a way that is risky or seriously inappropriate, such as:
- Threatening or harassing others
- Damaging premises
- Using illegal or performance-enhancing drugs
- Instructing other members when we have not authorised you to do so.
Statement of Commitment
LDA is committed to protecting your privacy and any personal information we collect. LDA complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy explains how we may collect, use, disclose and otherwise handle personal information. LDA is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. It recognises that individuals have a right to control how their personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously.
Collecting personal information
LDA will not collect or monitor any personal information about an individual without their consent. The only personal information collected is what is provided voluntarily by a member or prospective member. We collect personal information primarily to enable us to provide members with our services. LDA may also use the information for marketing to you or for any other purpose permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). You don’t need to identify yourself when you deal with us ( e.g. to find out more about membership packages) however in certain situations we will only deal with individuals who have identified themselves to us. When a membership is purchased, personal information will be requested in order to provide the requested service, provide updated information, and advise of other LDA services, which may be of interest. You are not obligated to provide personal information however failure to do so may result in LDA being unable to provide services or products to you. Personal information is collected directly from clients or potential future clients when they personally complete and submit an application form to become a client of LDA. This can be done in person at the studio reception or online via our website.
Use of tracking technologies
LDA uses tracking technologies to make use of the website and services as convenient as possible and for advertisement purposes. It is possible to set your browser to refuse tracking technologies, however, this may limit the services provided by LDA’s website.
Using and disclosing your personal information
Personal Information will be used for the following primary purpose:
To fulfil obligations under a member’s membership agreement and/or any other contract between him/her and LDA;
- To render services under a member’s membership agreement;
- To provide information about products, service and/or special offers to members;
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services from members;
- To record statistical data for marketing analysis from members.
LDA may employ other companies or service providers to assist us in providing our services, including (but not limited to) marketing, market research, mail-house services, hosting and product development services, analysis of member lists and/ or consulting services. These third parties may have access to personal information that is needed to perform their specific function. They cannot use that information for other purposes.
LDA recognise the trust with which individuals provide personal information, and such information will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes without consent, except in exceptional cases when disclosure may be required by law or is necessary to protect the rights or property of LDA, or any member of the public, or to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
Contact by LDA
If an individual receives communications from LDA which they do not wish to receive, they may request to have their name removed from the database by contacting LDA via email.
Individual’s right of access
Individuals have the right to review, amend or delete personal information that may be recorded on the LDA database. Information may be reviewed, amended or deleted by written request sent via email, in our website in the ‘my info’ section or at the studio’s reception. A request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information or incorrect information being provided may result in LDA being unable to communicate with you when required.
Storage and security of personal information
LDA takes all reasonable steps to keep secure personal information recorded and to keep this information accurate and up to date. The personal information is stored on secure servers if in digital format, or in locked areas if in hardcopy format. LDA employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by LDA. LDA only permits authorised personnel to access your information and information will only be disclosed to third parties where they have the appropriate authority.
LDA and links to other web sites
LDA provides links to websites outside of the LDA site. These linked sites are not under the control of LDA, and LDA is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to the LDA website, nor for the performance or otherwise of any content and/or software contained in such external websites.
Understanding our rights
What happens if you have issues with outside providers?
Paying outside providers including private class instructors, trainers and choreographers.
Contractors and tenants provide some services in our studio, such as private classes, choreography training, pilates, etc. You will need to pay service fees directly to them and we are not responsible for those fees or for any associated costs or refunds.
Claiming against these providers
Any service they provide is a contract between them and you and we cannot accept any responsibility for a breach of contract or negligence. If you make a claim because of something a contractor or tenant has or has not done, your claim should be brought against the provider, not us, whether you have paid them or not. You release us from any claim resulting from an act or omission by a contractor or tenant.
Change of location
We can change the location of the school at anytime. We will give you 7 days notice in writing via email.
Change of business name
We reserve the right to change our brand name at any time. This may occur in case we enter a partnership or merge with another institution. We may send you written notice via email outlining the details of any changes.
Which laws apply?
Meeting state laws Your agreement is subject to Australian law and is governed by the state laws where your home club is located. If a court decides that any section of your agreement is invalid or unenforceable, that section will be deleted from the agreement. The other sections will remain valid and enforceable.
Restricting your rights to sue
Under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, we guarantee that our services are:
- provided with due care and skill
- fit for any purpose you have told us you are using the services for or for a result which you have told us you wish to achieve
- supplied within a reasonable time
However, under certain legislative provisions, we may ask you to agree that these conditions do not apply to you. If you accept the agreement, you will be agreeing that your rights to sue us are excluded, restricted or modified as set out in these terms and conditions. This applies if you are injured (including injury that results in death) because the services were not rendered with due care and skill, or they were not reasonably fit for their purpose.